Why do we collect data?
We use personal data collected through our site to:
- To provide the services you sign up for
- To personalise our services
- To send marketing communications
- For personalising advertising
- For statistical purposes
- For security and fraud prevention purposes
- To respond to customers/visitors queries.
What data we collect?
When you register on Bookpraiser or contact us we collect:
- Your name
- Your IP Address
- Your Email Address
- Your Photograph ( When creating an author page)
- Images of your books ( Whne submiting a book to our database )
- Your browsing history of the content you have visited on our site
How we collect personal data?
We collect personal data when you:
- Register on our site
- Pay for a subscription or purchase any other product/service
- Participate in our giveaways
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Use mobile devices to access our site
- Contact us via email or social media or when you mention us on social media
For how long do we keep your data?
Your data is held for 5 (five) years from your last action/transaction made with the site.
How do we secure your personal data?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
In the event of an unfortunate event ( e.g. data breach ) we will inform all affected clients/users within 72 hours
When you visit our sites or when you use our apps, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
Your rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you.
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- Where applicable, you have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us for information about how we use your personal data.
Feel free to use our contact us regarding how we use your personal data via email ( email@example.com ) or our Contact Us form